Heidi and Spencer's Divorce to Be Finalized on Valentine's Day
- Photo: David Tonnessen/Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital2 of 8
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital3 of 8
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 8
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: MAP/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara SwennenMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:29:00 AM
- Fired Black Editor Sues People Magazine for DiscriminationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:18:00 AM
- Kathy Griffin to Minaj: I want a booty challengeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:07:09 AM
- 7 celebrity ice bucket challengesMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:02:19 AM
- Teen Weeper 'If I Stay' Earns $1.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:00:00 AM
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara Swennen
How's this for romantic: barring any dramatic reconciliation, Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt's divorce will become final on February 14, 2011.
Jodeane Farrell, Montag's lawyer, confirmed to TMZ that Pratt has signed paperwork confirming that he was served with divorce papers on August 13.
According to California law, Montag must wait 6 months after Pratt was served in order for their divorce to be finalized -- thus making next Valentine's Day their official split date.
Pratt, 26, wed Montag, 23, in April 2009 in a ceremony taped for "The Hills," the MTV reality show that made them stars.
Montag filed for divorce on July 30, citing irreconcilable differences. Of his wife's move, Pratt quipped to UsMagazine.com, "Heidi couldn't handle King Spencer's fame so she got out of the marriage."
A source close to the couple told Us that Montag initiated the split because "she had lost contact with her friends and family."
On the day Pratt was served with his wife's divorce papers, she wrote optimistically on Twitter: "cleaning house and getting rid of my old life, it feels good to live fresh."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJ.Law Green Light
From Crowd Ignite