Heidi and Spencer's Divorce to Be Finalized on Valentine's Day
- Photo: David Tonnessen/Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital2 of 8
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital3 of 8
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 8
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: MAP/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
How's this for romantic: barring any dramatic reconciliation, Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt's divorce will become final on February 14, 2011.
Jodeane Farrell, Montag's lawyer, confirmed to TMZ that Pratt has signed paperwork confirming that he was served with divorce papers on August 13.
According to California law, Montag must wait 6 months after Pratt was served in order for their divorce to be finalized -- thus making next Valentine's Day their official split date.
Pratt, 26, wed Montag, 23, in April 2009 in a ceremony taped for "The Hills," the MTV reality show that made them stars.
Montag filed for divorce on July 30, citing irreconcilable differences. Of his wife's move, Pratt quipped to UsMagazine.com, "Heidi couldn't handle King Spencer's fame so she got out of the marriage."
A source close to the couple told Us that Montag initiated the split because "she had lost contact with her friends and family."
On the day Pratt was served with his wife's divorce papers, she wrote optimistically on Twitter: "cleaning house and getting rid of my old life, it feels good to live fresh."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite