Heidi Klum's Creative Inspiration: Moms on the Morning School RunRelated: Ashley Olsen, Heidi Klum, Jessica Simpson, Mary-Kate Olsen
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Jason Webber/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: FZS/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio Near 'X Factor' Judging DealsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 8:35:36 PM
- Cannes Diary: In The Downpour, the Coens Connect but Market Can't Get Traction MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 7:10:53 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio Near 'X Factor' Judging Deals
By Kat Giantis, with reporting by Mary S. Park
Heidi Klum seems to have it all: a busy modeling career, a hit reality show (complete with catchphrase), a devoted husband in Seal and four adorable kids. But it turns out supermodels are just like us: They, too, worry about looking like total schlubs in the morning. Luckily, Heidi has a solution for the sweatpants-sporting masses.
In an exclusive interview with Wonderwall during New York Fashion Week, the "Project Runway" mogul shares details on her new affordable activewear collection, which promises style and comfort. Plus, she reveals her must-have item for fall (think loose and billowy) and declares a pair of pint-size celebrity designers "geniuses." And somewhere in there, she still found time to choose a winning designer for Season 8 of "PR," with a little help from an expectant Nina Garcia, Michael Kors and special guest judge Jessica Simpson.
Wonderwall: Would you ever consider starting your own fashion line?
Heidi Klum: Activewear by New Balance! The line is from $35 to, I would say, $150. It's affordable. You can buy it on Amazon. It will start October 7th.
WW: What is your must-have item for fall?
HK: My favorite would be the line's poncho in rose, a beautiful color. It has silk inserts in the side. It's beautiful. You can wear it with leggings, or you can put it over jeans. It's really nice. So this would be maybe one of the pricier ones, because it's a bigger piece. It's maybe $150. ... This is what you'll be seeing me in very soon.
RELATED: Heidi's style profile
WW: What inspires your personal style? Do you have a style icon, living or deceased?
HK: No, not really. [My inspiration] is really from going to schools in the morning because I'm a new mom. My oldest [6-year-old Leni], she's been going for the last 3 years. Even though I love glitzy, glamorous clothes, and I know that I will be doing that, too, down the line, I didn't want to start with that. ... It probably will evolve into other things. I love sexy dresses; I love feminine. I'm sure I'll do all of that, too. But I wanted to start with what I start my day with. Comfort but still cool that you can get caught in and still look good.
WW: So moms are your inspiration?
HK: I really get inspired by a lot of the moms that I see on school drop-offs in the morning, and I wanted to do something for women like me and them and all of us who are very busy and run errands all the time ... I don't want to squeeze myself into anything tight, or it's early in the morning but maybe after I drop my kids off, I go somewhere else and somewhere else after that, and I might not go home and have to change. What can I do, because normally you wear sweatpants or something comfy? You put something on that's maybe not the cutest thing. I wanted to do something that was simple for women. I did great ponchos, great colors, great fabrics, very flattering but comfortable and you can run a few errands and not go home and change and not look sloppy.
WW: What do you think of celebs and their fashion lines? Do you like Ashley and Mary-Kate's The Row or Elizabeth and James?
HK: Absolutely amazing. I wear a lot of their clothes. I love their clothes. I think that those two girls are geniuses. They really are. I really do. I think they're really, really good. They are really trendy, but it works. It's not so trendy that it's, 'Oh my God, I could never wear that,' because I don't always think that I'm super trendy from head to toe all the time. I love things that are basics. But they're basics that are really twisted. They're really cool. You can mix and match. I have a lot of their things.
WW: Which items from their line do you wear and really like?
HK: They do great blazers. They do great blouses. They do great pants. Across the board, they're really good.
WW: Which line, The Row or Elizabeth and James?
HK: I like both. I love a lot of their dresses. Their black, really tight dresses that they make. Really nice, good fabrics. Also because they're really involved, too. You have to be involved to be successful. I think sometimes there are a lot of people out there who try but their hearts aren't really in it. [Mary-Kate and Ashley's] hearts are really in it, those two girls. They go and look at all the fabrics.
WW: Do you know them?
HK: I've met them a few times. I know they go to Italy to look at fabrics. They design. They're hands on. They're good.
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite