Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt spent fortune ahead of Mayan apocalypse prophecy
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: INTER/Bauer-Griffin2 of 6
- Photo: WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Benassi/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- First Look at Colton Haynes' Superhero Alter Ego on 'Arrow' (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:22:00 PM
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM
- CW Pulls 'Seed,' 'Backpackers' From ScheduleMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'
Reality TV stars Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt frittered away their $10 million fortune because, he says, they believed the world would end in 2012.
RELATED: Best bikini Twitpics
In 2010, Pratt revealed the couple was broke and on the verge of bankruptcy, and they even gave up their luxury home and moved in with his father to save money.
He has now admitted they deliberately spent all their cash before Dec. 21, 2012, the day the world was set to end, according to a prophecy based on the Mayan calendar.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "We made and spent at least $10 million. The thing is, we heard that the planet was going to end in 2012. We thought, we have got to spend this money before the asteroid hits.
"Here's some advice, definitely do not spend your money thinking asteroids are coming. But the world didn't end."
Opening up about his extravagant lifestyle, Pratt adds, "I would give my friends £15,000 for their birthday. Just cash. I would buy people cars. Every valet I met got a couple of hundred pounds tip. I would pay people £200 just to open doors for us."
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Best B-Day Ever?
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBuff Babe
From Crowd Ignite