Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt spent fortune ahead of Mayan apocalypse prophecy
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: INTER/Bauer-Griffin2 of 6
- Photo: WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Benassi/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Reality TV stars Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt frittered away their $10 million fortune because, he says, they believed the world would end in 2012.
RELATED: Best bikini Twitpics
In 2010, Pratt revealed the couple was broke and on the verge of bankruptcy, and they even gave up their luxury home and moved in with his father to save money.
He has now admitted they deliberately spent all their cash before Dec. 21, 2012, the day the world was set to end, according to a prophecy based on the Mayan calendar.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "We made and spent at least $10 million. The thing is, we heard that the planet was going to end in 2012. We thought, we have got to spend this money before the asteroid hits.
"Here's some advice, definitely do not spend your money thinking asteroids are coming. But the world didn't end."
Opening up about his extravagant lifestyle, Pratt adds, "I would give my friends £15,000 for their birthday. Just cash. I would buy people cars. Every valet I met got a couple of hundred pounds tip. I would pay people £200 just to open doors for us."
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite