Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt spent fortune ahead of Mayan apocalypse prophecy
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: INTER/Bauer-Griffin2 of 6
- Photo: WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Benassi/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Reality TV stars Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt frittered away their $10 million fortune because, he says, they believed the world would end in 2012.
RELATED: Best bikini Twitpics
In 2010, Pratt revealed the couple was broke and on the verge of bankruptcy, and they even gave up their luxury home and moved in with his father to save money.
He has now admitted they deliberately spent all their cash before Dec. 21, 2012, the day the world was set to end, according to a prophecy based on the Mayan calendar.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "We made and spent at least $10 million. The thing is, we heard that the planet was going to end in 2012. We thought, we have got to spend this money before the asteroid hits.
"Here's some advice, definitely do not spend your money thinking asteroids are coming. But the world didn't end."
Opening up about his extravagant lifestyle, Pratt adds, "I would give my friends £15,000 for their birthday. Just cash. I would buy people cars. Every valet I met got a couple of hundred pounds tip. I would pay people £200 just to open doors for us."
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite