Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt spent fortune ahead of Mayan apocalypse prophecy
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: INTER/Bauer-Griffin2 of 6
- Photo: WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Benassi/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- It's Angelina Jolie vs. Ben Affleck vs. Michael Keaton as Awards Season Kicks OffMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:51:00 PM
- 'Graceland's' Brandon Jay McLaren Books Recurring Role on 'GirlfMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:32:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service Philo
Reality TV stars Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt frittered away their $10 million fortune because, he says, they believed the world would end in 2012.
RELATED: Best bikini Twitpics
In 2010, Pratt revealed the couple was broke and on the verge of bankruptcy, and they even gave up their luxury home and moved in with his father to save money.
He has now admitted they deliberately spent all their cash before Dec. 21, 2012, the day the world was set to end, according to a prophecy based on the Mayan calendar.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "We made and spent at least $10 million. The thing is, we heard that the planet was going to end in 2012. We thought, we have got to spend this money before the asteroid hits.
"Here's some advice, definitely do not spend your money thinking asteroids are coming. But the world didn't end."
Opening up about his extravagant lifestyle, Pratt adds, "I would give my friends £15,000 for their birthday. Just cash. I would buy people cars. Every valet I met got a couple of hundred pounds tip. I would pay people £200 just to open doors for us."
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'The Bachelor'
From Crowd Ignite