Florence Henderson heartbroken about Valerie Harper's cancer
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: JM11/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA10 of 11
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
TV icon Florence Henderson says she was shaken by the recent news of Valerie Harper's terminal cancer diagnosis but admires the actress for bravely facing her disease in the public eye.
"I'm just so upset about it. It really breaks my heart," the famous TV mom said while attending the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' 22nd annual Hall of Fame induction gala, held last night in Beverly Hills, Calif. "I was just shocked to hear that. But she's so brave, I don't know how I would handle that kind of diagnosis." When asked about Harper going public with her diagnosis, Henderson said, "I think she's doing it for the right reasons, I think, hopefully to educate people."
Also addressing the topic was "The Talk" co-host Julie Chen, who said she's going to be interviewing Harper on her show in the coming days. "She has been very courageous already and coming forward to announce this to the world, and we just want to hear how she's feeling, how she's getting by ... and what she plans to do in the remaining months that she has left with her loved ones," Chen said.
Fellow "The Talk" co-host Sheryl Underwood said she remembers watching Harper on her 1970s series "Rhoda" and always aspired to be a strong woman like her character. "We're not only praying for her, but we want to surround her with a lot of love because she's a very strong woman," Underwood said. "And if anybody can go through this with the class and dignity that she's going through, it's a testament to great women in television."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite