Florence Henderson heartbroken about Valerie Harper's cancer
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: JM11/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Charlie Sheen Goes Off on 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson for 'UMSNEntertainment 12/21/2013 4:15:31 PM
- Justine Sacco Fired by IAC for 'Offensive' AIDS in Africa TweetMSNEntertainment 12/21/2013 1:04:19 PM
- Colorized 'I Love Lucy' Recaptures Primetime TV's Top Spot 56 Years LaterMSNEntertainment 12/21/2013 11:47:58 AM
- David Coleman, Veteran BBC Sportscaster, Dead at 87MSNEntertainment 12/21/2013 10:35:43 AM
- In-Flight Wifi Provider Gogo Apologizes for Justine Sacco TweetMSNEntertainment 12/21/2013 9:56:11 AM
- Charlie Sheen Goes Off on 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson for 'U
TV icon Florence Henderson says she was shaken by the recent news of Valerie Harper's terminal cancer diagnosis but admires the actress for bravely facing her disease in the public eye.
"I'm just so upset about it. It really breaks my heart," the famous TV mom said while attending the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' 22nd annual Hall of Fame induction gala, held last night in Beverly Hills, Calif. "I was just shocked to hear that. But she's so brave, I don't know how I would handle that kind of diagnosis." When asked about Harper going public with her diagnosis, Henderson said, "I think she's doing it for the right reasons, I think, hopefully to educate people."
Also addressing the topic was "The Talk" co-host Julie Chen, who said she's going to be interviewing Harper on her show in the coming days. "She has been very courageous already and coming forward to announce this to the world, and we just want to hear how she's feeling, how she's getting by ... and what she plans to do in the remaining months that she has left with her loved ones," Chen said.
Fellow "The Talk" co-host Sheryl Underwood said she remembers watching Harper on her 1970s series "Rhoda" and always aspired to be a strong woman like her character. "We're not only praying for her, but we want to surround her with a lot of love because she's a very strong woman," Underwood said. "And if anybody can go through this with the class and dignity that she's going through, it's a testament to great women in television."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See where the cast of "Beaches" is today.Watch Video »
Kim Basinger, John Mayer, and Kristen Wiig all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Sarah Hyland and more stars share adorable photos of their pets in the holiday spirit on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Amanda Bynes post-rehab on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHaywire Holly
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite