Florence Henderson heartbroken about Valerie Harper's cancer
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: JM11/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
TV icon Florence Henderson says she was shaken by the recent news of Valerie Harper's terminal cancer diagnosis but admires the actress for bravely facing her disease in the public eye.
"I'm just so upset about it. It really breaks my heart," the famous TV mom said while attending the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' 22nd annual Hall of Fame induction gala, held last night in Beverly Hills, Calif. "I was just shocked to hear that. But she's so brave, I don't know how I would handle that kind of diagnosis." When asked about Harper going public with her diagnosis, Henderson said, "I think she's doing it for the right reasons, I think, hopefully to educate people."
Also addressing the topic was "The Talk" co-host Julie Chen, who said she's going to be interviewing Harper on her show in the coming days. "She has been very courageous already and coming forward to announce this to the world, and we just want to hear how she's feeling, how she's getting by ... and what she plans to do in the remaining months that she has left with her loved ones," Chen said.
Fellow "The Talk" co-host Sheryl Underwood said she remembers watching Harper on her 1970s series "Rhoda" and always aspired to be a strong woman like her character. "We're not only praying for her, but we want to surround her with a lot of love because she's a very strong woman," Underwood said. "And if anybody can go through this with the class and dignity that she's going through, it's a testament to great women in television."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite