Florence Henderson heartbroken about Valerie Harper's cancer
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: JM11/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: KH1/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby Girl
TV icon Florence Henderson says she was shaken by the recent news of Valerie Harper's terminal cancer diagnosis but admires the actress for bravely facing her disease in the public eye.
"I'm just so upset about it. It really breaks my heart," the famous TV mom said while attending the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' 22nd annual Hall of Fame induction gala, held last night in Beverly Hills, Calif. "I was just shocked to hear that. But she's so brave, I don't know how I would handle that kind of diagnosis." When asked about Harper going public with her diagnosis, Henderson said, "I think she's doing it for the right reasons, I think, hopefully to educate people."
Also addressing the topic was "The Talk" co-host Julie Chen, who said she's going to be interviewing Harper on her show in the coming days. "She has been very courageous already and coming forward to announce this to the world, and we just want to hear how she's feeling, how she's getting by ... and what she plans to do in the remaining months that she has left with her loved ones," Chen said.
Fellow "The Talk" co-host Sheryl Underwood said she remembers watching Harper on her 1970s series "Rhoda" and always aspired to be a strong woman like her character. "We're not only praying for her, but we want to surround her with a lot of love because she's a very strong woman," Underwood said. "And if anybody can go through this with the class and dignity that she's going through, it's a testament to great women in television."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite