Hilary Duff's Family Brought BBQ Chips, Root Beer to Witness Luca's Birth
- Photo: Dmac/Premiere/Fame Flynet1 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: RCF/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 9
- Photo: Jennifer Wilson Photography/Twitter4 of 9
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/ Rachid Ait/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 9
- Photo: Hilary Duff/Twitter6 of 9
- Photo: NAV/Fame Flynet7 of 9
- Photo: DMac/Rocstar/Fame Flynet8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby Girl
Even the delivery room is a stage for Hilary Duff!
The former Disney star and new mom visited The Ellen DeGeneres Show for a special Mother's Day episode airing Friday and shared her delivery story of her now two-month-old son, Luca Cruz Comrie.
"It's an amazing ride," Duff, 24, told Ellen DeGeneres of being a mom, proudly sharing a photo of her baby boy. "Huge change right away."
"Was it an easy delivery?" DeGeneres asked.
"It was very easy," she admitted. "I went into labor at about one in the morning and I very calmly had my bags packed and woke my husband, Mike Comrie up after about three hours of walking up and down my hallway. Then I'm like, 'Ok, it's time to go. Let's go now.' We got in the car and drove to the hospital and that was it."
Until her family arrived! Duff went to the hospital at 3 a.m. on Mar. 20, and by noon, baby Luca still hadn't arrived.
"My family gets there and we wait all day and everyone is hungry. We're Southern and from Texas and my mom and my sister actually went down to the food court area," Duff explained. And while they were gone the doctor came in said it was time to star pushing. "Things start rolling," she continued. "All of the sudden the doors bust open and my sister and my mom come flying in. They're like, 'We got barbecue chips and root beer, guys.' I [said], 'What? I'm pushing!' They were just arriving for a show with their chips and their root beer."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite