'Hills' Star Says Thin Co-Stars Brought Her to Bulimia
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Us Weekly/Promotional2 of 5
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Mike/Splash News4 of 5
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
"Hills" star Stephanie Pratt opens up for the first time in the new issue of Us Weekly about hating her body and her terrifying secret struggle with bulimia -- sparked, she says, by the pressure of appearing alongside her super-thin friends on the hit MTV reality show.
The 5-foot-7 23-year-old reveals she began bingeing and purging after watching a scene she shot with Lauren Conrad in 2007 after first joining the cast: "I was horrified. I remember saying, 'I can't believe how huge I look walking over to Lauren.'"
Another time, when filming in Hawaii in bikinis, the size 0-2 Pratt -- in a bikini and cover-up -- asked co-star Audrina Patridge, "What looks better: Shirt on or off?" Patridge said, 'On.'" Says Pratt, "The producers never put pressure on us to lose weight," but she adds, "It's embarrassing working with skinny girls."
The new issue of Us Weekly hits stands today.
More on Wonderwall:
More on MSN:
More on US Weekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite