Holly Madison: I'm going to eat my placenta after giving birth
- Photo: JE1/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: MPNC/GSI2 of 13
- Photo: CPA/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 13
- Photo: Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: Promotional5 of 13
- Photo: WENN6 of 13
- Photo: AR4/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Â© RD/ Kabik/Retna Ltd.10 of 13
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks11 of 13
- Photo: Rex / Rex USA/.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Waste not, want not! Like many mothers before her, nine-months-pregnant Holly Madison has plans for her placenta after she delivers her baby daughter. "This might sound gross, but I'm totally planning on having my placenta turned into pills I can take after giving birth," the former Playboy model, 33, wrote on her blog on Wednesday.
Sharing clip art of said placenta pills in a glass jar, the "Girls Next Door" star (who will share her daughter with boyfriend Pasquale Rotella) added, "I heard it helps women recover faster and I want to recover as quickly as I can!"
Due March 5, Madison is not the first Hollywood celeb to consume so-called placenta pills, in which a woman's placenta is cleaned, cooked, processed and put into capsule-type pills, said to help new moms nourish their bodies after childbirth and potentially curb postpartum depression. "Mad Men" actress January Jones also opened up about consuming placenta pills after welcoming her son Xander in September 2011.
Madison is keeping busy in the homestretch of her pregnancy -- working on her daughter-to-be's nursery in her Las Vegas home, which will have an Alice in Wonderland theme. "Making progress painting my nursery ... I wonder if I will finish in time!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite