Report: Holly Madison's fiancé is facing 13 years in prison
- Photo: RAF/ZOJ/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: RAF/ZOJ/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: JPVegas/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: AR4/WENN5 of 14
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA6 of 14
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital7 of 14
- Photo: Parisa/Fame Flynet8 of 14
- Photo: WENN9 of 14
- Photo: MPNC/GSI10 of 14
- Photo: In Touch/Promotional11 of 14
- Photo: JE1/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: CPA/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Well this puts a whole new meaning to wedding stress. Holly Madison's fiance, Pasquale Rotella, is facing more than 13 years in prison for bribery, embezzlement, conspiracy and conflict of interest, RadarOnline.com reports.
A day after the former Playboy Bunny announced she was marrying Rotella, owner of Insomniac Events, at an Aug. 14 ceremony, Rotella attended a pretrial conference in Los Angeles on Monday.
The L.A. County District Attorney alleges that Rotella used more than $2.5 million in funds from the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum to pay off city officials. According to Radar, Rotella would use the coliseum to host raves.
He was indicted with five other men and posted a $1.8 million bail. Due back in court on July 29, Rotella reportedly could serve nearly 14 years in jail, if convicted.
Radar reports that Rotella's attorney, Gary Jay Kaufman, is confident that his client will be found innocent, calling the charges "politically motivated and publicity driven."
"[Rotella] has always acted lawfully and appropriately with respect to all of his dealings with the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum," Kaufman said via Radar. "Any allegations of wrongdoing on the part of Mr. Rotella by the District Attorney's office are completely baseless and flat-out wrong, both on the law and on the facts."
Rotella and Madison, 33, share a daughter -- 3-month-old Rainbow.
For her part, the former "Girls Next Door" star doesn't seem too fazed by her soon-to-be-hubby's legal troubles. On Tuesday, she tweeted a new post on her Celebuzz blog page, writing about how important baby socks are needed for new moms.
"You don't know how many baby socks you need until the baby is here!" she wrote, seemingly avoiding any legal talk involving Rotella.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite