Honey Boo Boo gets pet chicken, names it Nugget
- Photo: Facebook/.1 of 10
- Photo: RSH/ZOJ/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Josiah True/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: CHARLIE LUCIANO/StarTraks6 of 10
- Photo: John Bazemore/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- APNewsBreak: Ventura passage to be cut from bookMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:12:08 AM
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight' Gets a Bloody Poster and Release DateMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:12:00 AM
- Fitz and The Tantrums headline US Open ceremonyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:40:31 AM
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead; Drew ReactsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:26:00 AM
- Allison Williams to Play Peter Pan in NBC's Live ProductionMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:23:00 AM
- APNewsBreak: Ventura passage to be cut from book
Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to Honey Boo Boo's house, apparently.
Six-year-old TLC pageant princess Alana Thompson, aka Honey Boo Boo, has a new good luck charm on her side to fill the void left by Glitzy the pig: a pet chicken she named Nugget.
"Meet Alana's new pet NUGGET," an announcement on Thompson's official Facebook fan page reads, next to a photo of the "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" star cradling the bird.
"Her and nugget have [become] very attached this weekend," the post continues. In fact, the pint-sized reality star loves her new feathered friend so much that she "refuses to let [it] sleep outside."
Indeed, the "Toddlers & Tiaras" alumna seems to have a soft spot for farm animals, as evidenced by her last BFF, Glitzy, a teacup pig. Sadly, the Thompsons were forced to say goodbye to the swine when Mama June Shannon ruled that the pageant princess and her siblings were neglecting the pet.
"Right now, I think we've got enough pets for every boy in China," Mama said on an August episode of the family's reality show. "What's best for Glitzy is that he go back to the breeder and find a home who can devote the time to him."
Honey Boo Boo put up a tearful fight at first, saying she wanted to take the pig with her to pageants, but she eventually came to accept that she had to let him go. "He really does a need a new home," the tot admitted, "but I'm going to miss him."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite