Honey Boo Boo gets pet chicken, names it Nugget
- Photo: Facebook/.1 of 10
- Photo: RSH/ZOJ/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Josiah True/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: CHARLIE LUCIANO/StarTraks6 of 10
- Photo: John Bazemore/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:35:00 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Named Forbes' Highest-Paid Actor AgainMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:06:00 AM
- 'Harold and Kumar' Star Kal Penn to Moderate Nat Geo's Comic-Con Panel (EMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films DownMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 6:33:00 AM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film Festival
Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to Honey Boo Boo's house, apparently.
Six-year-old TLC pageant princess Alana Thompson, aka Honey Boo Boo, has a new good luck charm on her side to fill the void left by Glitzy the pig: a pet chicken she named Nugget.
"Meet Alana's new pet NUGGET," an announcement on Thompson's official Facebook fan page reads, next to a photo of the "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" star cradling the bird.
"Her and nugget have [become] very attached this weekend," the post continues. In fact, the pint-sized reality star loves her new feathered friend so much that she "refuses to let [it] sleep outside."
Indeed, the "Toddlers & Tiaras" alumna seems to have a soft spot for farm animals, as evidenced by her last BFF, Glitzy, a teacup pig. Sadly, the Thompsons were forced to say goodbye to the swine when Mama June Shannon ruled that the pageant princess and her siblings were neglecting the pet.
"Right now, I think we've got enough pets for every boy in China," Mama said on an August episode of the family's reality show. "What's best for Glitzy is that he go back to the breeder and find a home who can devote the time to him."
Honey Boo Boo put up a tearful fight at first, saying she wanted to take the pig with her to pageants, but she eventually came to accept that she had to let him go. "He really does a need a new home," the tot admitted, "but I'm going to miss him."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite