Tiffani Thiessen discusses "SBTB" reunion, her Funny or Die vid, and mercury poisoning
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP1 of 4
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 4:24:15 PM
- Why 'The Great Gatsby' Reveals A Huge Divide Between Hollywood And Its Fans (VideoMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 4:15:45 PM
- Oscar Winner Ari Sandel to Direct 'The DUFF' for CBS Films (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:55:03 PM
- Justin Bieber Spanked Over Monkey Lodging FeesMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:32:00 PM
- '21 Jump Street' Villain Rob Riggle Joins Fox Comedy 'Let's Be CMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:20:36 PM
- 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees
By Melissa Hunter, Reporting by Corey Podell
The "Saved by the Bell" reunion has been dominating the press in a '90s obsession that hasn't been rivaled since the "90210" remake or "Melrose Place" getting picked up or the "Seinfeld" reunion or, wait, there's a perpetual '90s obsession. But this one's good, too.
And life imitates art by way of this reunion, as all of the cast members were featured on the cover of People magazine except for Dustin Diamond (aka Screech), who was left to the wayside. And while Mark-Paul and Tiffani (aka Zack and Kelly, obvs) both have gotten serious cred through their individual spoofs (Mark-Paul on "Fallon" and Tiffani's Funny or Die vid), Dustin has only received harsh criticism -- and potentially has a massive flop on his author-ish hands. Nerds always lose in the end, Dustin. You should know this by now.
At the NBC press tour, Wonderwall caught up with Tiffani, who is promoting her new USA show "White Collar." But let's be real: All we want to hear about is "Saved by the Bell." When we asked how her motivation behind the video "Tiffani Thiessen is Busy," she told us, "I know you guys have heard all the news about the 'Fallon' thing, and I had to answer in some way. A lot of people didn't know the People magazine [article] was coming out and that was the reunion that all of us had agreed upon. We didn't want to do much more than that."
But what about the "Jimmy Fallon" reunion? She says, "Mark-Paul went on 'Fallon' and was brilliant. I was so proud of him. But he wasn't really going back to do the reunion."
Ahh, Zack Morris, up to your antics again! But, really, would there ever be a taped reunion? Please, oh please, oh please? "Never say never, but at this point, no," she says.
Argh! Break our hearts again, why don'tcha?
So why toy with us with the video, Tiff? She explains that after the Mark-Paul interview, "I look like the only one who is refusing which is not the case, but I wanted to make light of it and make fun of it so we came up with this idea ... The thing about it was that there was a little bit of press saying, 'Oh Tiffani doesn't want to go on 'Fallon'' -- because I'm not working -- and I'm like, 'So not true!' So, I wanted to make fun of it by saying the things that were really occupying my time were kind of stupid."
Funny or Die does an excellent job at getting celebrities to willingly make fun of themselves, it's pretty impressive, really.
Tiffani, an ex-pescatarian (only eating fish), was asked why she fell off the PETA wagon. She said, "I was eating fish only and I got mercury poisoning. So, I had to get my protein another way, and soy products do weird things to my body."
Wait, did you say mercury poisoning? But weren't you comatose and unable to perform like Jeremy Piven? She says, "Um yeah ... I was still able to work though, so I don't know why he couldn't. Not sure; I was perfectly fine."
EXPOSED! *Sigh* That Piven story is seven months old and yet it still remains relevant. And hilarious.
Way to go, Kelly Kapowski. You defy reunions, stereotypes, and mercury poisoning. You're basically a superhero.
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite