- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: POA/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 14
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional6 of 14
- Photo: Ivan Nik/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Brian Prahl / Splash News/Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.10 of 14
- Photo: People/Promotional11 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'A Most Wanted Man' Review: Philip Seymour Hoffman Bends the Spy Game RulesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:57:00 PM
- Amazon Q2 Losses Larger Than AnticipatedMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:32:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Air Jordans and Her Assets for Racy 'Anaconda' Cover (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:27:00 PM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: Chris Pratt Rides Shotgun on Marvel's CMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:00:00 PM
- OITNB's Jason Biggs and Laura Prepon Discuss the Pros and Cons of Playing Horrible PeopleMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:44:00 PM
- 'A Most Wanted Man' Review: Philip Seymour Hoffman Bends the Spy Game Rules
By Kat Giantis
Just like the rest of us, Kris Humphries wants to pretend his 72-day union to Kim Kardashian never happened. Us Weekly and People mag report the NBA player-turned-marital scapegoat will respond to Kim's Oct. 31 divorce filing by asking for a legal separation.
His end game?
Humphries, 26, wants to get the marriage annulled, which would mean that legally it didn't take place, despite televised, E!-sponsored evidence to the contrary.
Prior to their much-ballyhooed nuptials on Aug. 20, the pair hammered out an ironclad prenuptial agreement that ensured Kim's koffers were protected in the event of a split.
People points out that the legal separation represents a different approach for Kris, who initially planned to sign the divorce papers.
Perhaps this new tack was prompted by his portrayal as a rough, rude bully on the season premiere of "Kourtney & Kim Take New York" ("God, you ate a lot of wedding cake!" he told Kim at one point as he picked her up), and with recent media reports portraying him as verbally abusive to his camera-loving missus.
"He belittled her in front of people. He'd call her stupid. It was truly sickening," a source groused to Us. "One time, he said she had no talent and her fame wouldn't last."
If Humphries' plan succeeds, he and Kardashian would join other annulment-seeking couples such as Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney, Britney Spears and Jason Alexander, Nicky Hilton and Todd Meister, and Janet Jackson and James DeBarge.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite