- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: POA/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 14
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional6 of 14
- Photo: Ivan Nik/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Brian Prahl / Splash News/Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.10 of 14
- Photo: People/Promotional11 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
By Kat Giantis
Just like the rest of us, Kris Humphries wants to pretend his 72-day union to Kim Kardashian never happened. Us Weekly and People mag report the NBA player-turned-marital scapegoat will respond to Kim's Oct. 31 divorce filing by asking for a legal separation.
His end game?
Humphries, 26, wants to get the marriage annulled, which would mean that legally it didn't take place, despite televised, E!-sponsored evidence to the contrary.
Prior to their much-ballyhooed nuptials on Aug. 20, the pair hammered out an ironclad prenuptial agreement that ensured Kim's koffers were protected in the event of a split.
People points out that the legal separation represents a different approach for Kris, who initially planned to sign the divorce papers.
Perhaps this new tack was prompted by his portrayal as a rough, rude bully on the season premiere of "Kourtney & Kim Take New York" ("God, you ate a lot of wedding cake!" he told Kim at one point as he picked her up), and with recent media reports portraying him as verbally abusive to his camera-loving missus.
"He belittled her in front of people. He'd call her stupid. It was truly sickening," a source groused to Us. "One time, he said she had no talent and her fame wouldn't last."
If Humphries' plan succeeds, he and Kardashian would join other annulment-seeking couples such as Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney, Britney Spears and Jason Alexander, Nicky Hilton and Todd Meister, and Janet Jackson and James DeBarge.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Crowd Ignite