- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: POA/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 14
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional6 of 14
- Photo: Ivan Nik/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Brian Prahl / Splash News/Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.10 of 14
- Photo: People/Promotional11 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Ratings: NBC Tops Tuesday, 'Food Fighters' Rises From DebutMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:36:00 AM
- APNewsBreak: Ventura passage to be cut from bookMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:12:08 AM
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight' Gets a Bloody Poster and Release DateMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:12:00 AM
- Fitz and The Tantrums headline US Open ceremonyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:40:31 AM
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead; Drew ReactsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:26:00 AM
- Ratings: NBC Tops Tuesday, 'Food Fighters' Rises From Debut
By Kat Giantis
Just like the rest of us, Kris Humphries wants to pretend his 72-day union to Kim Kardashian never happened. Us Weekly and People mag report the NBA player-turned-marital scapegoat will respond to Kim's Oct. 31 divorce filing by asking for a legal separation.
His end game?
Humphries, 26, wants to get the marriage annulled, which would mean that legally it didn't take place, despite televised, E!-sponsored evidence to the contrary.
Prior to their much-ballyhooed nuptials on Aug. 20, the pair hammered out an ironclad prenuptial agreement that ensured Kim's koffers were protected in the event of a split.
People points out that the legal separation represents a different approach for Kris, who initially planned to sign the divorce papers.
Perhaps this new tack was prompted by his portrayal as a rough, rude bully on the season premiere of "Kourtney & Kim Take New York" ("God, you ate a lot of wedding cake!" he told Kim at one point as he picked her up), and with recent media reports portraying him as verbally abusive to his camera-loving missus.
"He belittled her in front of people. He'd call her stupid. It was truly sickening," a source groused to Us. "One time, he said she had no talent and her fame wouldn't last."
If Humphries' plan succeeds, he and Kardashian would join other annulment-seeking couples such as Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney, Britney Spears and Jason Alexander, Nicky Hilton and Todd Meister, and Janet Jackson and James DeBarge.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite