- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: POA/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 14
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional6 of 14
- Photo: Ivan Nik/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Brian Prahl / Splash News/Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.10 of 14
- Photo: People/Promotional11 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
By Kat Giantis
Just like the rest of us, Kris Humphries wants to pretend his 72-day union to Kim Kardashian never happened. Us Weekly and People mag report the NBA player-turned-marital scapegoat will respond to Kim's Oct. 31 divorce filing by asking for a legal separation.
His end game?
Humphries, 26, wants to get the marriage annulled, which would mean that legally it didn't take place, despite televised, E!-sponsored evidence to the contrary.
Prior to their much-ballyhooed nuptials on Aug. 20, the pair hammered out an ironclad prenuptial agreement that ensured Kim's koffers were protected in the event of a split.
People points out that the legal separation represents a different approach for Kris, who initially planned to sign the divorce papers.
Perhaps this new tack was prompted by his portrayal as a rough, rude bully on the season premiere of "Kourtney & Kim Take New York" ("God, you ate a lot of wedding cake!" he told Kim at one point as he picked her up), and with recent media reports portraying him as verbally abusive to his camera-loving missus.
"He belittled her in front of people. He'd call her stupid. It was truly sickening," a source groused to Us. "One time, he said she had no talent and her fame wouldn't last."
If Humphries' plan succeeds, he and Kardashian would join other annulment-seeking couples such as Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney, Britney Spears and Jason Alexander, Nicky Hilton and Todd Meister, and Janet Jackson and James DeBarge.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite