- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: POA/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 14
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional6 of 14
- Photo: Ivan Nik/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Brian Prahl / Splash News/Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.10 of 14
- Photo: People/Promotional11 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
By Kat Giantis
Just like the rest of us, Kris Humphries wants to pretend his 72-day union to Kim Kardashian never happened. Us Weekly and People mag report the NBA player-turned-marital scapegoat will respond to Kim's Oct. 31 divorce filing by asking for a legal separation.
His end game?
Humphries, 26, wants to get the marriage annulled, which would mean that legally it didn't take place, despite televised, E!-sponsored evidence to the contrary.
Prior to their much-ballyhooed nuptials on Aug. 20, the pair hammered out an ironclad prenuptial agreement that ensured Kim's koffers were protected in the event of a split.
People points out that the legal separation represents a different approach for Kris, who initially planned to sign the divorce papers.
Perhaps this new tack was prompted by his portrayal as a rough, rude bully on the season premiere of "Kourtney & Kim Take New York" ("God, you ate a lot of wedding cake!" he told Kim at one point as he picked her up), and with recent media reports portraying him as verbally abusive to his camera-loving missus.
"He belittled her in front of people. He'd call her stupid. It was truly sickening," a source groused to Us. "One time, he said she had no talent and her fame wouldn't last."
If Humphries' plan succeeds, he and Kardashian would join other annulment-seeking couples such as Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney, Britney Spears and Jason Alexander, Nicky Hilton and Todd Meister, and Janet Jackson and James DeBarge.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite