- Photo: Arnold Wells/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Michael Carpenter/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Michael Carpenter/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter6 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP7 of 16
- Photo: JM5/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: AP/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Hasbro/.11 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Kane/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Wire Image/Twitter14 of 16
- Photo: MLS/Zillow/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ben Affleck on 'SNL': Oscar Speech Apology Is Hard Work (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 7:34:23 AM
- What is Jewish Humor? Justin Timberlake 'Smells a Trap' for Coen Brothers in CanneMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 5:13:00 AM
- Cannes Review: Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Is a Breathtaking OdeMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 6:30:49 PM
- Deals: Weinstein's RADiUS Buys 'Blue Ruin' After Cannes Premiere MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 4:58:13 PM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- Ben Affleck on 'SNL': Oscar Speech Apology Is Hard Work (Video)
Can Britney Spears handle the pressure of live TV?
As one of two new judges on "The X Factor," the pop icon, 30, is off to a rocky start. "Doing 'X Factor' may lead her back into meltdown territory," a source recently told Us Weekly. "She gets extremely nervous and anxious. She's hard on herself and not very confident."
Even positive developments like her engagement to Jason Trawick, 40, can send her over the edge. "For her, it's all an input as stress," the source explains. "This is a lot of change at once for Britney. She's coming undone."
To her credit, Spears -- who has sold more than 100 million records worldwide -- has slowly rebuilt her career since her 10-day stay in the UCLA Medical Center psychiatric ward in early 2008. Her two post-crisis albums, 2008's "Circus" and 2011's "Femme Fatale," went platinum, and she spent seven months on tour promoting the latter.
"Jason and Britney's family wouldn't let her do 'X Factor' if she couldn't handle it," an insider countered. "At first they weren't going to let her because she couldn't do live TV -- they didn't know what she would say. But they went over it with Britney, and they trust her."
"X Factor" creator and fellow judge Simon Cowell, 52, isn't worried about Spears' unpredictability. "The network is using Christina Aguilera on 'The Voice' as an argument for her," an industry insider told Us. "They're saying the show needs a bankable pop star who will get viewers watching, whether they think she's ridiculous or they love her. It's definitely about tapping into Spears' fan base."
Despite her nerves, Spears "wants to do a good job," a source insists. "There is always apprehension about something you haven't done before, but she's looking forward to proving all the doubters wrong."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Is Britney Spears Headed for Another Public Meltdown?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite