Jada Pinkett Smith and Marc Anthony Had 'Inappropriately Close' Friendship, Source Says
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: KMAX/X172 of 15
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com6 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com7 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Wilfredo Lee/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.10 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.11 of 15
- Photo: Andrew Marks/Retna Digital12 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital13 of 15
- Photo: CRAIG BARRITT/Retna Digital14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Nobel Laureate Gabriel García Márquez Dead at 87MSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 1:32:00 PM
- David Letterman, Jerry Seinfeld, Robert De Niro to Headline Spike TV Tribute to Don RicklesMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 1:12:00 PM
- Bryan Singer's Alleged Sexual Assault Victim Revealed (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 1:06:00 PM
- Nancy Kirkpatrick Out as Summit's Marketing PresidentMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 1:02:00 PM
- Dan Savage, Andrew Sullivan Blast NYT Jo Becker's Gay History Book: It's &aposMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 12:48:00 PM
- Nobel Laureate Gabriel García Márquez Dead at 87
Last week, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith shot down a tabloid report that they were ending their 14-year marriage and that Pinkett Smith had an affair with Marc Anthony, her love interest on TV's "HawthoRNe."
But although Pinkett Smith 39, and Anthony, 42, never had a full-blown romantic affair, one source tells Us the twosome had an "inappropriately close" friendship.
"They were a little touchy and like they were in their own little world," a set source explains, adding that the twosome often hung out alone in his trailer, and talked and texted frequently.
And when Anthony's own seven-year marriage to Jennifer Lopez began to fall apart, he leaned on his work pal.
"The more distant Marc and Jennifer became, the closer he got to Jada," a family insider says, adding that Pinkett Smith may have "overstepped her bounds" in lending Anthony marital advice.
"Jennifer didn't like that."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite