Jaleel White Addresses Ex's 'Hurtful' Abuse Allegations
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 5
- Photo: ABC/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: RICHARD DREW/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: ABC/Promotional4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Grammy Awards Nominees: 10 Biggest Snubs and Surprises From Bruno Mars to Lady GagaMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:49:04 PM
- 'Swerve' Review: Jason Clarke Gives This Humdrum Noir Its Only ZingMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:15:18 PM
- Egyptian Documentary 'The Square' Wins Top IDA AwardMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:09:27 PM
- #ICYMI: Pop Culture's Craziest This Week- Ron Burgundy, Kardashian Christmas, 'SouMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 9:49:27 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'The Book Thief' Star Geoffrey Rush Heaps Praise on Co-SMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 9:11:18 PM
- Grammy Awards Nominees: 10 Biggest Snubs and Surprises From Bruno Mars to Lady Gaga
In the midst of a skyrocketing career comeback, Jaleel White has recently come face to face with allegations of past domestic abuse, charges the "Dancing With the Stars" front-runner firmly denies.
"When you're doing well in life, it's par for the course certain individuals will try and knock you down," said White addressing the allegations in a statement. "When the individual is also the mother of your only child it is particularly hurtful."
Referring to allegations that he assaulted his ex-girlfriend Bridget Hardy in 2010, White contests the claims he hit Hardy across the chest and pushed her into the toilet are nothing but "malicious" and "hurtful" lies.
"The allegations made against me back in 2010 have suspiciously resurfaced in time to coincide with my new show on Syfy and 'Dancing With the Stars.' ... Bridget Hardy has consistently shown a knack for timing throughout our child custody disputes," he told People.
"I guess my most recent successes have been too much for her to stomach," he added. "I'm assuming I have not received her votes these past Monday nights."
RELATED: Where Are They Now? '90s Rappers
Above all, White maintains his priority is and will always be the well-being of his 2-year-old daughter.
"My only hope is that when my daughter Googles her parents one day in her future, she sees that her father acted with class and dignity when pressed to the fire. ... Bridget Hardy is the mother of my only daughter in this world and without Ms. Hardy I would not have the treasure that is my daughter. God knows the truth. ... I ask for your sensitivity during this time. I can assure all of my fans this is only residue from a child custody matter."
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite