Jaleel White Addresses Ex's 'Hurtful' Abuse Allegations
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 5
- Photo: ABC/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: RICHARD DREW/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: ABC/Promotional4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in SeqMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:01:00 AM
- Seth Rogen Blows Up At Nancy Grace Over Anti-Marijuana TweetsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Gallery eyes portraits in the age of abstract artMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:37 AM
- MovieTickets.com Extends Harkins Theatres Remote Ticketing AgreementMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial in DCMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:05:26 AM
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in Seq
In the midst of a skyrocketing career comeback, Jaleel White has recently come face to face with allegations of past domestic abuse, charges the "Dancing With the Stars" front-runner firmly denies.
"When you're doing well in life, it's par for the course certain individuals will try and knock you down," said White addressing the allegations in a statement. "When the individual is also the mother of your only child it is particularly hurtful."
Referring to allegations that he assaulted his ex-girlfriend Bridget Hardy in 2010, White contests the claims he hit Hardy across the chest and pushed her into the toilet are nothing but "malicious" and "hurtful" lies.
"The allegations made against me back in 2010 have suspiciously resurfaced in time to coincide with my new show on Syfy and 'Dancing With the Stars.' ... Bridget Hardy has consistently shown a knack for timing throughout our child custody disputes," he told People.
"I guess my most recent successes have been too much for her to stomach," he added. "I'm assuming I have not received her votes these past Monday nights."
RELATED: Where Are They Now? '90s Rappers
Above all, White maintains his priority is and will always be the well-being of his 2-year-old daughter.
"My only hope is that when my daughter Googles her parents one day in her future, she sees that her father acted with class and dignity when pressed to the fire. ... Bridget Hardy is the mother of my only daughter in this world and without Ms. Hardy I would not have the treasure that is my daughter. God knows the truth. ... I ask for your sensitivity during this time. I can assure all of my fans this is only residue from a child custody matter."
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite