Jane Lynch files for divorce from wife Lara Embry
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: AGNY/GSI3 of 9
- Photo: Gustavo Caballero/Getty Images North America4 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: WENN6 of 9
- Photo: @janemarielynch/Twitter7 of 9
- Photo: VISP/Bauer-Griffin8 of 9
More Celeb News
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debutMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:45:21 AM
- Wes Anderson 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Books Huge Limited Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
Just one month after announcing that she and her wife of three years, Dr. Lara Embry, are going their separate ways, Jane Lynch has officially filed for divorce in an L.A. County Court, People reports.
The "Glee "actress, 52, cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the couple's split. The documents state that the pair have been separated since this past February.
"Lara and I have decided to end our marriage," Lynch said in a statement to Us in June. "This has been a difficult decision for us as we care very deeply about one another. We ask for privacy as we deal with this family matter."
Lynch and Embry, 44, tied the knot in a ceremony in Sunderland, Mass. in June 2010, less than one year after meeting at a gala for the National Center for Lesbian Rights.
According to the legal documents, the couple did not have a prenup, and will therefore split their marital assets 50/50. The pair have no children together (Embry has two daughters Haden and Chase).
Lynch is also filing to terminate the court's jurisdiction to award Embry with spousal support, TMZ reports. The actress, who currently stars on the Broadway production of "Annie: The Musical," has already moved out of their shared Laurel Canyon home in L.A.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
A pregnant Soleil Moon Frye sits down with Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner to talk about prepping for a baby boy and her busy career ...Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite