Jane Lynch on Cory Monteith's death: 'Everybody's doing differently'
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: CS5/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: AGNY/GSI5 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: VISP/Bauer-Griffin9 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
It's understandably not the most Glee-ful time on the "Glee" set, but the cast and crew are trying to stay strong without their star Cory Monteith, who died July 13 from a lethal mix of heroin and alcohol.
"We had a nice memorial," she said. "The cast and the crew, we all got together and we remembered Cory and honored [him]. We went back to the work and the wheels turn in spite of what happened and I'm just glad we had that memorial so we were able to come together and be a family."
With the third episode of the upcoming fifth season being planned to address Monteith's character, Finn Hudson's drug-related death, Lynch, 53, said that the 31-year-old's presence is gravely missed.
"Everybody's doing differently," she shared. "You know, it's tough. Everybody had a relationship with him and we all express our grief in different ways so I'll only speak for myself.
"I love him and I honor [him], and every day I go to work, I walk by his trailer and I go,'He should be in there,'" she continued.
During a July 17 appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," the entertainer also tearfully recalled her beloved costar. "Cory had one of the biggest hearts, a real bright light," she said. "He was one of those guys. He knew he was breathing rarefied air -- the gift that this wonderful show gave us."
Monteith's girlfriend, Lea Michele, 26, returned back to the set on Aug. 6, tweeting that it "feels so good to be home." The actress is also helping "Glee" co-creator Ryan Murphy write the Oct. 10 episode that will deal with Finn Hudson's death.
"Lea wants it to reflect the truth, to warn people what can happen," a source told Us in the Aug. 19 issue.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite