- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever AfterMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:32:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight's' Director, Stars Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke Celebrate &aMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:13:43 PM
- Cannes: IFC Buys North American Rights to 'The Selfish Giant'MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:09:45 PM
- Paddy Considine and Fares Fares Join Tom Hardy Thriller 'Child 44' (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:55:22 PM
- Steven Soderbergh Is Looking to Direct Clive Owen in Cinemax Series MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:53:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever After
By Dana Flax, reporting by Mary S. Park
Many fans of the TV show "Mad Men" tune in every Sunday just to see the pristine, mid-century fashions of characters like January Jones' Betty Draper. However, despite playing an ennui-plagued, 1960s housewife on TV, Ms. Jones claims that in real life she's not quite so prim and proper. However, she also claims that she doesn't want you to see her crotch -- a favorite look for several other starlets -- so, go figure. Wonderwall caught up with her at the Tommy Hilfiger show during New York Fashion Week; read on to see what she said about meeting Oprah, the handsome Jon Hamm and some trends she considers a bit too risque.
How was meeting Oprah [for her upcoming "Mad Men"-themed show]?
"It was great, she was lovely and the whole show was '60s theme so everyone was dressed in "Mad Men" gear and the set was all ‘60s. It was really cool. She had a lot of fun with it."
Is [her "Mad Men" co-star] Jon Hamm charismatic in real life?
"Oh yeah. He's very charismatic, and he's a good person and he's just very smooth. He's very smart and he's got good hair."
What do you think makes him so attractive?
"Geez. He's really, really good looking. And he's just that guy. He's like the old movie star, like, Cary Grant guy, who exudes that masculinity. I think that women want that."
Do you feel influenced by Betty Draper's style?
"Not really, I try to avoid that silhouette because I wear it every day at work. So I try to let people know I'm a modern person and I don't live in the past. So when I'm at an event, or I need to dress up for something, I try to look like me."
What fashion trend do you hate?
"I do hate those diaper pants -- I don't know, I really admire the people who can pull them off, though. I wish I could wear the big shoulder but I can't; I look ridiculous. So it's mainly stuff that I can't pull off that I hate."
A lot of people are wearing crotch-skimming hemlines. What do you think about that trend?
"I haven't seen that. I'm glad. Crotch-skimming hemlines? I like to not have people see my private parts. So, I do wear underwear and I try to keep my hemlines a little bit longer than that. But like I said, if you look good in it and can pull it off, go for it."
Well, if a former Abercrombie model can't pull off the crotch-skimming hemline, we might just have to put that trend to bed for good. *Sigh* If only Lindsay would, too.
More on Wonderwall:
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite