Jayma Mays had a bug living in her ear
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: VPC/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Actress Jayma Mays is still recovering after learning an insect had been living in her ear.
RELATED: Shocking social media confessions
The "Glee" star thought she had burst her ear drum, but discovered the "horrible pain" she was experiencing was caused by a bug burrowing into her head.
In an interview on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" she explains, "A week ago, I started getting this really bad ear infection, which I get from time to time. I get them, they go away. A couple (of) days into this infection, I wake up in the middle of the night screaming in pain, like horrible, horrible pain and blood started coming out of my ear. So I took an Aspirin; I thought maybe my ear drum had burst, and I put a heating pad on it, which helped with the pain. I went back to sleep, and then went to the doctors the first thing in the morning.
"He looks in my ear and he says, 'Ma'am you have burst your ear drum because there's lots of blood.' He takes me to the next room, where the nurse puts my head to the side and puts in the little drops and then she goes, 'Oh, oh, oh...' and starts backing away and says she's going to go get the doctor. The doctor comes back in and I'm thinking, 'Oh my god, my brain's coming out. ... What's happening?'"
Mays continued, "When she put the drops in my ear, it started to drown the insect that was living in there, so it climbed out of my ear. The blood was from it biting and scratching and like hanging pictures in there and making a nice home. I love that I was like putting a heating pad on it so it would, like, go to sleep at night."
RELATED: Stars working out
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite