Jayma Mays had a bug living in her ear
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: VPC/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Actress Jayma Mays is still recovering after learning an insect had been living in her ear.
RELATED: Shocking social media confessions
The "Glee" star thought she had burst her ear drum, but discovered the "horrible pain" she was experiencing was caused by a bug burrowing into her head.
In an interview on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" she explains, "A week ago, I started getting this really bad ear infection, which I get from time to time. I get them, they go away. A couple (of) days into this infection, I wake up in the middle of the night screaming in pain, like horrible, horrible pain and blood started coming out of my ear. So I took an Aspirin; I thought maybe my ear drum had burst, and I put a heating pad on it, which helped with the pain. I went back to sleep, and then went to the doctors the first thing in the morning.
"He looks in my ear and he says, 'Ma'am you have burst your ear drum because there's lots of blood.' He takes me to the next room, where the nurse puts my head to the side and puts in the little drops and then she goes, 'Oh, oh, oh...' and starts backing away and says she's going to go get the doctor. The doctor comes back in and I'm thinking, 'Oh my god, my brain's coming out. ... What's happening?'"
Mays continued, "When she put the drops in my ear, it started to drown the insect that was living in there, so it climbed out of my ear. The blood was from it biting and scratching and like hanging pictures in there and making a nice home. I love that I was like putting a heating pad on it so it would, like, go to sleep at night."
RELATED: Stars working out
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite