Jennie Garth Attributes Weight Loss to Post-Divorce Stress
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: R Wong/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Rick Diamond/Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America7 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Jennie Garth/Twitter9 of 16
- Photo: HGTV/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: © RD / Orchon/Retna Digital11 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:48 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:48:49 PM
- Newport Folk Festival celebrates 55th anniversaryMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:48:41 PM
- 'Beneath' Director Ben Ketai on Sam Raimi's Tutelage, Claustrophobic CoalMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Yes! Former WWE champ catches suspected burglarMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:39:18 PM
- 'Agent Carter' First Episodes to Be Directed by 'Captain America: Winter MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:29:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:48 p.m. EDT
Jennie Garth's sudden slim-down raised a few eyebrows earlier this week, but the "Eleventh Victim" actress insists she's perfectly healthy.
According to Garth, 40, her recent weight loss is a result of her March split with Peter Facinelli, 38, her husband of 11 years and the father of her three daughters, Luca, 15, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5.
"I've been certainly going through a transitional time in my life, and I think anybody who has been through something like what I'm going through, and have been going through for the past couple years, can definitely relate that your body changes with your emotional state of mind sometimes," she told ET Canada on Aug. 8. "I think a lot of women can relate to that."
Garth, who romanced HGTV star Antonio Ballatore post-divorce, added that she's trying to encourage her girls to eat healthier, too.
"There's lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. We have so many fruits at our ranch where we've been living, so eating healthy, especially with three girls -- body image is something that I try to set a good example for them," Garth explained.
"Every one of my girls is a different size and shape, and I want them to be comfortable in their own skin and be healthy-minded as well as physically."
Garth has been focused on her fitness, and in May, she tweeted that her trainer "made me flip a ginormous tractor tire over. Like 50 times. I feel like Mr. T."
Despite her tinier frame, a source tells Us Weekly that Garth "doesn't look too skinny in person. ... She looks like the old Jennie."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite