Jennie Garth on Amanda Bynes: 'I Tried Reaching Out to Her'
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 28
- Photo: Chris Hatcher/StarTraks2 of 28
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.3 of 28
- Photo: Amanda Edwards/WireImage4 of 28
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 28
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks6 of 28
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet7 of 28
- Photo: WENN8 of 28
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage9 of 28
- Photo: Patrick Rideaux/Rex USA10 of 28
- Photo: GSI11 of 28
- Photo: © RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital12 of 28
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage13 of 28
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 28
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage15 of 28
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/Pacific Coast News16 of 28
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/Pacific Coast News17 of 28
- Photo: Rex USA18 of 28
- Photo: People/Promotional19 of 28
- Photo: Chris Connor/WENN20 of 28
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP21 of 28
- Photo: David Tonnessen/Pacific Coast News22 of 28
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage23 of 28
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage24 of 28
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage25 of 28
- Photo: Kama Rhea/GSI26 of 28
- Photo: WENN27 of 28
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' TelecaMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:49:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Amanda Bynes' parents aren't the only ones getting the silent treatment.
The troubled 26-year-old actress has also been ignoring Jennie Garth, who played her sister from 2002 to 2006 on the WB sitcom "What I Like About You." Us Weekly spoke to Garth, 40, at the ELLE Women in Hollywood event in Beverly Hills, Calif, on Oct. 15.
"I tried reaching out to her and I haven't been able to reach her," said Garth, a single mother of three. "My heart feels for whatever she is going through, and I love her dearly."
Bynes' agent, publicists and lawyer have reportedly jumped ship, while her dentist dad, Rick, and her office manager mom, Lynn, are helpless. "Amanda shut them out and isn't speaking to them," a source said in the Oct. 8 issue of Us Weekly.
The actress hasn't worked since 2010's "Easy A" (she famously retired then "unretired" from acting via Twitter), and since then, her behavior has become increasingly erratic. Bynes' BMW was impounded on Sept. 16 after she drove on a suspended license (following an April DUI arrest and two alleged hit-and-runs). In recent months, she has been spotted muttering to herself in stores on both coasts.
"Amanda is out of control," one insider explained. "It's been slowly going on for years, but now it's getting really bad."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Jennie Garth on Amanda Bynes: "I Tried Reaching Out to Her"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite