Jennie Garth Opens Up About Failed Marriage
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.1 of 19
- Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Disney/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com7 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com8 of 19
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP9 of 19
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN11 of 19
- Photo: AB1/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com13 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 19
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Jennie Garth reveals in a new interview that her husband Peter Facinelli first asked for a divorce last fall, but at the time she refused to go along with it.
Speaking to People magazine, Garth said in the beginning she was "very resistant" to Facinelli's desire to split. "I didn't want it to happen. It took me some time to come to peace with it," she said.
The couple married in 2001 and defied Hollywood marriage odds by remaining together for a decade and having three lovely daughters together. But as Facinelli's career began taking off in recent years, the couple was
forced to spend more time apart. "He would do everything he could to fly back every weekend, [But] it took a real toll on our marriage," Garth said.
She tells the magazine that since the divorce she has "gone through my darkest parts," although she adds that she's coping better now and is happy to be working on her new reality show, CMT's Little Bit Country. "I'm okay. I don't know what the future holds, but then I've never been a planner. And maybe that's a good thing."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite