Jennie Garth talks 'excruciating' Peter Facinelli split, diet regrets
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: HEDO/GSI3 of 16
- Photo: Premiere/CPR/Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza//WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Hatcher/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Edwards/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: David Tonnessen/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet13 of 16
- Photo: Jeremy Womack/Womack Photography/.14 of 16
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup EngodoMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:44:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Finale Ratings: Ewing Cliffhanger Closes to Below-Average Total ViewersMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Daytime Talk Ratings: 'Dr. Phil' Tops Premiere Week; 'The Meredith VieiraMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:14:00 PM
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISISMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg's Directorial Debut Acquired by OrioMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:00:00 PM
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup Engodo
Jennie Garth lost an impressive 30 pounds in 2012 -- no easy feat for the busy 5-foot-5 actress and mother of three.
In the January/February issue of Health, the "Beverly Hills, 90210" actress reveals how she finally beat the battle of the bulge after years of yo-yo dieting. "Every day, I just renew my healthy choices," the 40-year-old says. "I feel really good about myself now, and I don't want to do anything to change that."
Garth had tried to lose weight in the past to no avail. "My biggest regret is putting my body through fad diets: Atkins, cleanses, the hCG diet. I lost like 18 pounds, but it came right back," she admits. "The worst was fasting with colonics for three or four days. It was the most horrifying experience ever!"
Her slimdown secrets aside, Garth also discusses what life has been like since her March 2012 split with actor Peter Facinelli, her husband of 11 years.
"When I'm in excruciating pain, like with what I've been through with my breakup and that grief and loss that's just immobilizing, it helps to remember that it only lasts for 13 to 15 minutes, max. And then it's over. Your mind is ready to go to something else. You might come back to it, but it helps to just know that that pain is not going to last forever."
"In the months after their split, the actress began to casually date; she was linked to HGTV star Antonio Ballatore, photographer Noah Abrams and Jones Lang LaSalle managing director Jason Clark.
"I'm learning to date again," Garth tells Health. "Looks aren't important to me anymore. I like positive energy."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite