Jennie Garth talks 'excruciating' Peter Facinelli split, diet regrets
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: HEDO/GSI3 of 16
- Photo: Premiere/CPR/Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza//WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Hatcher/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Edwards/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: David Tonnessen/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet13 of 16
- Photo: Jeremy Womack/Womack Photography/.14 of 16
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale ShoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:11:00 AM
- Ratings: CBS Wins as 'Idol' Hits Another LowMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:53:00 AM
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'KillMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:16:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Slices Up $3.3 Million Thursday OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale Sho
Jennie Garth lost an impressive 30 pounds in 2012 -- no easy feat for the busy 5-foot-5 actress and mother of three.
In the January/February issue of Health, the "Beverly Hills, 90210" actress reveals how she finally beat the battle of the bulge after years of yo-yo dieting. "Every day, I just renew my healthy choices," the 40-year-old says. "I feel really good about myself now, and I don't want to do anything to change that."
Garth had tried to lose weight in the past to no avail. "My biggest regret is putting my body through fad diets: Atkins, cleanses, the hCG diet. I lost like 18 pounds, but it came right back," she admits. "The worst was fasting with colonics for three or four days. It was the most horrifying experience ever!"
Her slimdown secrets aside, Garth also discusses what life has been like since her March 2012 split with actor Peter Facinelli, her husband of 11 years.
"When I'm in excruciating pain, like with what I've been through with my breakup and that grief and loss that's just immobilizing, it helps to remember that it only lasts for 13 to 15 minutes, max. And then it's over. Your mind is ready to go to something else. You might come back to it, but it helps to just know that that pain is not going to last forever."
"In the months after their split, the actress began to casually date; she was linked to HGTV star Antonio Ballatore, photographer Noah Abrams and Jones Lang LaSalle managing director Jason Clark.
"I'm learning to date again," Garth tells Health. "Looks aren't important to me anymore. I like positive energy."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite