Jennifer Hudson: 'I Was Outside of Myself' After Family Murders
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Charles Cherney/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/GettyImages.com5 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Seth Wenig/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Graphic Photos of Journalist James Foley's Beheading Prompt Suspension of Twitter AccountsMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 1:25:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Series Finale Date RevealedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 1:22:00 PM
- Screen Engine Acquires TV Research Firm ASI EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 1:00:00 PM
- Billy Crystal Will Lead Robin Williams Tribute at the Emmy AwardsMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 12:55:00 PM
- Fox Reveals 15 Inaugural 'Utopia' CompetitorsMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 12:40:00 PM
- Graphic Photos of Journalist James Foley's Beheading Prompt Suspension of Twitter Accounts
On VH1's "Behind the Music: Jennifer Hudson" on Monday, the singer, 28, opened up for the first time about the tragic 2008 murders of her mother Darnell, brother Jason and nephew Julian.
"It's all a blur, it was surreal," she said. "It was like I was outside of myself."
For two weeks, she secluded herself in one room with loved ones.
"I prayed when I'd get up in the morning and prayed before I laid down at night," she recalled. Looking back, the Oscar-winning actress said she feels like she's "lived about three or four different lives."
Helping her heal? Her fiance David Otunga and their son David, whom they welcomed last August.
She says her son "reminds me of my nephew."
While raising her son, she said she often thinks about her late mother.
"In so many ways I channel her because she was such a great mom ..." said Hudson. "I want him to get the same love and the same upbringing my mother gave us."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite