Jennifer Hudson, Tom Hanks Outraged Over Pia's 'Idol' Elimination
- Photo: MSN1 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: VPB/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- CNN's Nischelle Turner Joining 'Entertainment Tonight' as Correspondent (MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:40:00 PM
- 'Ellen' Show's Return Banks Highest-Rated Week in Show HistoryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:29:00 PM
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's MuseumMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:58:00 AM
- Discovery's Nik Wallenda Chicago Skyscraper Walk to Air Live in NovemberMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:49:00 AM
- Eminem Publishers Sue New Zealand Political Party for Copyright InfringementMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:33:00 AM
- CNN's Nischelle Turner Joining 'Entertainment Tonight' as Correspondent (
The judges weren't the only ones shocked by 22-year-old Pia Toscano's shocking "American Idol" elimination on Thursday.
After the fan favorite was voted off the hit FOX singing competition, celebrities flocked to Twitter to voice their frustrations.
"Don't have an Idol habit, but how could the USA vote Pia off?" Tom Hanks, 54, wrote. "I may be done for the season."
Ashton Kutcher, 33, was just as surprised to see the Idol front-runner go. "Who are the people that vote on American Idol? That's just crazy!" he tweeted. "That Pia girl is dope. [It's] almost criminal."
Several former "Idol" contestants also chimed in, including Jennifer Hudson, 29, Chris Daughtry, 31, and David Cook, 28.
"I can not believe they just eliminated Pia! Really?" Hudson wrote. "As long as she walked away with that voice she will be alright! Just hate to see talent like that go!"
"What the crap?" Daughtry asked. "I thought Pia was THE best singer on the show this year!"
Former "Idol" judge Ellen DeGeneres, 53, also weighed in, telling her 6.3 million followers: "I am shocked and so sad."
Tell Us: Were you sad to see Pia go on American Idol?
MORE ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite