- Photo: PhamousFotos/Splash News1 of 10
- Photo: Scott Doctor/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: KH1/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.5 of 10
- Photo: HTA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: PhamousFotos/Splash News7 of 10
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
By Kat Giantis
It's a brave guy willing to woo Jennifer Love Hewitt, who, in her new book, "The Day I Shot Cupid," admits that ever since she was 12, she's made a monthly pilgrimage to the same jewelry store to try on her "dream" engagement ring.
(She's 31 now, which, for the math deficient, means she's slipped that sparkler on her digit approximately 228 times.)
The "Ghost Whisperer" star-cum-vajazzling enthusiast, whose romance with co-star Jamie Kennedy fizzled last month after a year of head-scratching coupledom, is reportedly seeing actor-director John Asher, the ex-husband of newly Jim Carrey-free Jenny McCarthy.
"They are dating," a source tells People magazine. "They've been spending a lot of time together and are having fun. He showers her with attention and is helping her move on from her breakup with Jamie."
That together-time has included a March 27 dinner party, according to Life & Style, which says J.Love wasn't shy about getting her PDA on with Asher.
"Jennifer was all over him," a spy tells the mag. "They were holding hands and canoodling. She was not hiding her affection or attraction to him at all."
Asher, who divorced McCarthy in 2005 after six years of marriage (they have an 8-year-old son, Evan), recently filmed a guest-starring role on Hewitt's dead people-communicating CBS series. He's also said to be a pal of Kennedy's.
By the by, Jennifer's self-help tome could prove a boon for the fledgling romance, filled as it is with tips on what she looks for in a man.
Her likes include spooning, sex and being told she's beautiful; her dislikes are texting addicts and having a guy say, "That's so dumb," while chatting with her.
RELATED: Who will buy Jennifer's book?
Oh, and Asher might want to avoid commenting on her posterior in anything but the most complimentary terms, a lesson Kennedy learned early on.
"We had a rough patch in the beginning because the first time we went on vacation, I was going to be in a bikini, and I was very nervous," Hewitt told George Lopez in January. "I heard him coming down the hall, so I got in the cute bikini position. And he goes, 'Hey, my little pear ass.' I said, 'I'm sorry, what did you say?'"
Jennifer, whose yearlong engagement to actor Ross McCall ended in late 2008, believed Jamie meant it as a compliment and they "worked it out," but she noted, "Have you ever seen a pear? It starts thin, it gets fat and it never gets thin again. It's not cute. It's not a cute fruit."
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite