Just Wondering: Is Jennifer Love Hewitt Seriously Launching a Comic Book?Related: Just Wondering, Jennifer Love Hewitt
- Photo: WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: (AP Photo/Evan Agostini)/AP2 of 8
- Photo: AP3 of 8
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
By Melissa Hunter
Tired of not getting cast in comic book movies (even with her ever-present cleavage) Jennifer Love Hewitt decided to take matters into her own hands: by creating her own comic book. You read right. Now who's gonna get her very own booth at Comic-Con?
Hewitt is set to release a ten-issue anthology thriller/horror comic book series called "The Music Box" which involves a mysterious music box that causes strange things to happen. Causing strange things like ... Jennifer Love Hewitt making a comic book? That's friggin' horrifying to me.
Hewitt says, "The chance to create my very own comic, and a horror/thriller at that, is like a very fun nightmare come true."
OMG, very fun nightmares are my fave, too!
She continues, "I've always been fascinated by the notion that an inanimate object can hold as much malevolent energy as a human being can. And when the two meet, or are at cross purposes, very bad things can happen."
Okay, umm, come again? Why do they let this girl talk without a script? Has anyone seen her publicist?
In all fairness, the comic might not be THAT bad considering Scott Lobdell has signed on to write, who has written for the Fantastic Four, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and other Marvel Comics. But it's hard to give much credit to something called "Jennifer Love Hewitt's The Music Box."
And when did C-list actresses get free reign over the comic book world? Sure, I expect an uninspired, co-written autobiography here and there, but a comic book? Unless "The Music Box" revolves around a failed actress whose special powers are to continually attempt comebacks through bad TV and poor relationship choices, I don't see where she gets her expertise.
In any event, the first issue of "Jennifer Love Hewitt's The Music Box" (yes, that's the formal title) comes out in November. I'm sure she'll be in a town near you signing them. No, really, let her know and she'll come to your town and sign one.
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite