Jenny McCarthy Takes TV Series from Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studios to NBC
- Photo: Veronica Summers/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 18
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com5 of 18
- Photo: Themba Hadebe/Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: RG4/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 18
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com13 of 18
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: WENN17 of 18
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Uh oh, Oprah.
Not only does Oprah Winfrey have to contend with less-than-stellar ratings for her basic cable network OWN, but now the talk show titan is losing part of her Harpo Studios' star power.
According to FOX411.com, Jenny McCarthy has parted ways with Winfrey -- which signed her to a development deal in 2009 -- in favor of NBC. The site reports that after a difference of opinion over how to tackle McCarthy's new TV series, McCarthy took the project elsewhere to produce.
"Jenny wasn't thrilled with the direction that OWN producers were going with on the show," a source told FOX411.com of McCarthy, 38. "She had been working with Oprah and her producers for over a year, developing this project for OWN. Jenny finally decided to embrace Oprah's philosophy, which is to 'follow your bliss.' Well, Jenny followed her bliss and walked right off the project."
However, a rep for Winfrey's Harpo Studios -- an entity separate from the Oprah Winfrey Network -- told Us Weekly the studio and McCarthy mutually agreed to part ways and that the project was not in development at OWN as reported.
Losing McCarthy and her new series is no doubt a blow to Winfrey, who developed a friendship with the actress through her work as an advocate for children with autism. McCarthy even penned a blog for Oprah.com.
Indeed, the 57-year-old daytime titan has acknowledged the pressures her fledgling network has put upon her.
"Over the years I had complete control," Winfrey told TV execs in June. "It's a little harder making a judgment as to what other shows can do. Its about finding your particular flow and being able to connect to it."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite