Jenny McCarthy Takes TV Series from Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studios to NBC
- Photo: Veronica Summers/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 18
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com5 of 18
- Photo: Themba Hadebe/Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: RG4/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 18
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com13 of 18
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: WENN17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Uh oh, Oprah.
Not only does Oprah Winfrey have to contend with less-than-stellar ratings for her basic cable network OWN, but now the talk show titan is losing part of her Harpo Studios' star power.
According to FOX411.com, Jenny McCarthy has parted ways with Winfrey -- which signed her to a development deal in 2009 -- in favor of NBC. The site reports that after a difference of opinion over how to tackle McCarthy's new TV series, McCarthy took the project elsewhere to produce.
"Jenny wasn't thrilled with the direction that OWN producers were going with on the show," a source told FOX411.com of McCarthy, 38. "She had been working with Oprah and her producers for over a year, developing this project for OWN. Jenny finally decided to embrace Oprah's philosophy, which is to 'follow your bliss.' Well, Jenny followed her bliss and walked right off the project."
However, a rep for Winfrey's Harpo Studios -- an entity separate from the Oprah Winfrey Network -- told Us Weekly the studio and McCarthy mutually agreed to part ways and that the project was not in development at OWN as reported.
Losing McCarthy and her new series is no doubt a blow to Winfrey, who developed a friendship with the actress through her work as an advocate for children with autism. McCarthy even penned a blog for Oprah.com.
Indeed, the 57-year-old daytime titan has acknowledged the pressures her fledgling network has put upon her.
"Over the years I had complete control," Winfrey told TV execs in June. "It's a little harder making a judgment as to what other shows can do. Its about finding your particular flow and being able to connect to it."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite