Jerry Seinfeld: My Kids Aren't 'Rich Brats'
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/Wonderwall2 of 15
- Photo: Scott Weiner/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: DOUGLAS C. PIZAC/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: RG4/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Mike Coppola/GettyImages.com10 of 15
- Photo: NBC/Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com13 of 15
- Photo: Entertainment Weekly/.14 of 15
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Jerry Seinfeld insists his kids aren't rich brats -- not that there's anything wrong with that.
In the newest issue of The New York Times Magazine, the comedian, who has an estimated worth of $800 million, claims his children (Sascha, 12, Julian, 9, and Shepherd, 7), by and large, don't behave like entitled, materialistic snobs, characterizing his children as the opposite of rich brats.
His daughter, he shares, was upset when his wife, Jessica, gave her an iPhone 5. The tween called it a "mean-girl phone," and asked for a less expensive option. Meanwhile, his son Julian has badgered him to sell his collection of Porsches (Seinfeld owns up to having "a few dozen"), even calling his father "spoiled."
The tireless stand-up comedian, who is now 58, continues to perform, averaging about two comedy shows a week, and has become a living legend. "From the get-go he was the greatest observational comedian who ever lived — nobody was, or is, as funny as him," said director Judd Apatow, whose movie "This Is 40" opens today. Seinfeld creator Larry David praised his longtime friend in his own way: "Jerry doesn't get enough credit for his misanthropy -- it's why we get along so well."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Jerry Seinfeld: My Kids Aren't Spoiled
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite