Jerry Seinfeld: My Kids Aren't 'Rich Brats'
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/Wonderwall2 of 15
- Photo: Scott Weiner/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: DOUGLAS C. PIZAC/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: RG4/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Mike Coppola/GettyImages.com10 of 15
- Photo: NBC/Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com13 of 15
- Photo: Entertainment Weekly/.14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Debut Drops 58 Percent From Last YearMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Martin O'Donnell, 'Halo' Composer, Fired by Bungie 'Without CausMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:53:00 AM
- 'Game of Thrones' Breaks Its Own Piracy Record With Purple Wedding EpisodeMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:20:00 AM
- 'Transcendence' Reviews: Is the Johnny Depp Thriller Trippy or Tedious?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:17:00 AM
- The View to Unite All 11 Co-Hosts for Barbara Walters FarewellMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 7:23:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Debut Drops 58 Percent From Last Year
Jerry Seinfeld insists his kids aren't rich brats -- not that there's anything wrong with that.
In the newest issue of The New York Times Magazine, the comedian, who has an estimated worth of $800 million, claims his children (Sascha, 12, Julian, 9, and Shepherd, 7), by and large, don't behave like entitled, materialistic snobs, characterizing his children as the opposite of rich brats.
His daughter, he shares, was upset when his wife, Jessica, gave her an iPhone 5. The tween called it a "mean-girl phone," and asked for a less expensive option. Meanwhile, his son Julian has badgered him to sell his collection of Porsches (Seinfeld owns up to having "a few dozen"), even calling his father "spoiled."
The tireless stand-up comedian, who is now 58, continues to perform, averaging about two comedy shows a week, and has become a living legend. "From the get-go he was the greatest observational comedian who ever lived — nobody was, or is, as funny as him," said director Judd Apatow, whose movie "This Is 40" opens today. Seinfeld creator Larry David praised his longtime friend in his own way: "Jerry doesn't get enough credit for his misanthropy -- it's why we get along so well."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Jerry Seinfeld: My Kids Aren't Spoiled
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite