Jerry Seinfeld: My Kids Aren't 'Rich Brats'
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/Wonderwall2 of 15
- Photo: Scott Weiner/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: DOUGLAS C. PIZAC/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: RG4/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Mike Coppola/GettyImages.com10 of 15
- Photo: NBC/Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com13 of 15
- Photo: Entertainment Weekly/.14 of 15
More Celeb News
- CNN's Nischelle Turner Joining 'Entertainment Tonight' as Correspondent (MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:40:00 PM
- 'Ellen' Show's Return Banks Highest-Rated Week in Show HistoryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:29:00 PM
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's MuseumMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:58:00 AM
- Discovery's Nik Wallenda Chicago Skyscraper Walk to Air Live in NovemberMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:49:00 AM
- Eminem Publishers Sue New Zealand Political Party for Copyright InfringementMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:33:00 AM
- CNN's Nischelle Turner Joining 'Entertainment Tonight' as Correspondent (
Jerry Seinfeld insists his kids aren't rich brats -- not that there's anything wrong with that.
In the newest issue of The New York Times Magazine, the comedian, who has an estimated worth of $800 million, claims his children (Sascha, 12, Julian, 9, and Shepherd, 7), by and large, don't behave like entitled, materialistic snobs, characterizing his children as the opposite of rich brats.
His daughter, he shares, was upset when his wife, Jessica, gave her an iPhone 5. The tween called it a "mean-girl phone," and asked for a less expensive option. Meanwhile, his son Julian has badgered him to sell his collection of Porsches (Seinfeld owns up to having "a few dozen"), even calling his father "spoiled."
The tireless stand-up comedian, who is now 58, continues to perform, averaging about two comedy shows a week, and has become a living legend. "From the get-go he was the greatest observational comedian who ever lived — nobody was, or is, as funny as him," said director Judd Apatow, whose movie "This Is 40" opens today. Seinfeld creator Larry David praised his longtime friend in his own way: "Jerry doesn't get enough credit for his misanthropy -- it's why we get along so well."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Jerry Seinfeld: My Kids Aren't Spoiled
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite