Jerry Seinfeld: My Kids Aren't 'Rich Brats'
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/Wonderwall2 of 15
- Photo: Scott Weiner/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: DOUGLAS C. PIZAC/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: RG4/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Mike Coppola/GettyImages.com10 of 15
- Photo: NBC/Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com13 of 15
- Photo: Entertainment Weekly/.14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to NashvilleMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Alex Kurtzman to Direct 'The Mummy' Reboot for UniversalMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:09:00 PM
- John Goodman in Talks to Join Bryan Cranston in Jay Roach's 'Trumbo' (ExcMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:51:00 PM
- The Best Life Lessons We Learned from Sex and the CityMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:39:00 PM
- Guess Why Chris Pratt Stole His 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star-Lord Outfit?MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:32:00 PM
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to Nashville
Jerry Seinfeld insists his kids aren't rich brats -- not that there's anything wrong with that.
In the newest issue of The New York Times Magazine, the comedian, who has an estimated worth of $800 million, claims his children (Sascha, 12, Julian, 9, and Shepherd, 7), by and large, don't behave like entitled, materialistic snobs, characterizing his children as the opposite of rich brats.
His daughter, he shares, was upset when his wife, Jessica, gave her an iPhone 5. The tween called it a "mean-girl phone," and asked for a less expensive option. Meanwhile, his son Julian has badgered him to sell his collection of Porsches (Seinfeld owns up to having "a few dozen"), even calling his father "spoiled."
The tireless stand-up comedian, who is now 58, continues to perform, averaging about two comedy shows a week, and has become a living legend. "From the get-go he was the greatest observational comedian who ever lived — nobody was, or is, as funny as him," said director Judd Apatow, whose movie "This Is 40" opens today. Seinfeld creator Larry David praised his longtime friend in his own way: "Jerry doesn't get enough credit for his misanthropy -- it's why we get along so well."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Jerry Seinfeld: My Kids Aren't Spoiled
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite