'Jersey Shore' cast party overwhelms NJ nightclub
- Photo: Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: David Tonnessen/Pacific Coast News3 of 11
- Photo: MTV/.4 of 11
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Ltd.5 of 11
- Photo: In Touch/.6 of 11
- Photo: RD / Kirkland/Retna Digital7 of 11
- Photo: MTV/.8 of 11
- Photo: MTV/.9 of 11
- Photo: Scott Gries / Picture Group / MTV/.10 of 11
More Celeb News
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (VMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:04:49 PM
- 'Hours' Review: Paul Walker Says Adieu With One of His Strongest PerformancesMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:45:39 PM
- Jason Segel to Play David Foster Wallace Opposite Jesse Eisenberg in 'The End of the Tour&aMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:14:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 7:12 p.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:10:40 PM
- Frank Grillo Steps Into a Lead Role With 'The Purge' SequelMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 3:52:19 PM
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (V
MONTCLAIR, N.J. (AP) -- Police say fans of MTV's "Jersey Shore" deluged a New Jersey nightclub, forcing the closure of a thoroughfare and leading to the arrests of four people.
Property owner Dick Grabowsky told the Newark Star-Ledger that about 2,000 people showed up at the 501 Lounge in Montclair on Friday night. He says the club has a capacity of 800.
Montclair Police Chief David Sabagh says fights broke out among the crowds who gathered for the advertised meet and greet with the cast of the hit reality TV show. Four people were arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and drunken driving.
Police closed a stretch of the main business strip outside the club for two hours.
The show focuses on the escapades of eight 20-somethings thrown together at a summer shore house. The stars are mostly Italian-Americans.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite