'Jersey Shore' star OK'd for pretrial intervention
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 22
- Photo: Mario & Luigi/WENN2 of 22
- Photo: Mr O/Splash News3 of 22
- Photo: WENN4 of 22
- Photo: MTV/Promotional5 of 22
- Photo: Splash News6 of 22
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News7 of 22
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage8 of 22
- Photo: Wagner Az/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 22
- Photo: Splash News10 of 22
- Photo: Splash News11 of 22
- Photo: MTV/.12 of 22
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN13 of 22
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 22
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN15 of 22
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN16 of 22
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN17 of 22
- Photo: MTV/Promotional18 of 22
- Photo: MTV/Promotional19 of 22
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin20 of 22
- Photo: YouTube/.21 of 22
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) -- "Jersey Shore" cast member Ronnie Ortiz-Magro has been admitted into a pretrial intervention program that will allow him to avoid a criminal record for an assault that was shown on the first season of the MTV reality series.
The 25-year-old New York City resident appeared Monday in New Jersey Superior Court in Toms River.
Judge Stephanie Wauters told Ortiz-Magro that he'd be in the program for 18 months and asked if he'd be willing to do community service during that time.
RELATED: Check out the most awkward celeb PDA
The Asbury Park Press reports that he said he would, though the judge did not specify what or how much.
Ortiz-Magro was charged after a September 2009 fight outside a Seaside Heights nightclub.
He and other cast members recently returned to Seaside Heights to film the show's fifth season.
RELATED: Check out the hottest celeb bods
Where Are They?
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite