The Situation Defends His Snooki 'Love Tap'
- Photo: Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 8
- Photo: EM43/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Gardiner Anderson/Bauer-Griffin4 of 8
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News5 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: SPW/DMR/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (VMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:04:49 PM
- 'Hours' Review: Paul Walker Says Adieu With One of His Strongest PerformancesMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:45:39 PM
- Jason Segel to Play David Foster Wallace Opposite Jesse Eisenberg in 'The End of the Tour&aMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:14:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 7:12 p.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:10:40 PM
- Frank Grillo Steps Into a Lead Role With 'The Purge' SequelMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 3:52:19 PM
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (V
Another Jersey Shore scandal.
On Thursday's episode of the hit MTV show, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino raised his hand to Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi when she refused to leave the club. "Don't f---ing slap me in the face and tell me that I need to go home," she snapped.
But The Situation, 28, tells MTV News he was only trying to protect her and would never hit her.
"Snooki sometimes drinks a little too much," he says. "She is unaware of her surroundings and unaware of what's going on. Everybody was leaving, and she was the only one staying there. We usually go as a group and stay as a group. To avoid what happened in Season 1 [Snooki, 22, was punched in the face by a bar patron], I really wanted to try and keep an eye on her and not necessarily slap some sense into her, but let her know, 'Hey, you can't be here by yourself. You're a little girl, and the whole group was leaving.' It was a little love tap."
Though he says he probably "went about it the wrong way," he tells MTV, "It's not like I punched somebody in the face. It's not like I did a full smack, a hard smack. It was a little tap to her cheek. Like, 'Wake up, you're going to get hurt.' And if you care for somebody, that is definitely acceptable, because you're looking out for somebody."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite