Jesse James accidentally chops off finger
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Instagram/.2 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Deano / Splash News/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Axelle Woussen/Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: SRV/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- 'If I Stay' Feels Like 'Fault in Our Stars' Lite and Should WinMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
"Monster Garage" star Jesse James has chopped off the tip of his little finger after an accident in his car workshop. The reality TV mechanic posted a photo of his mangled digit on Instagram on Tuesday, but he didn't appear to be too concerned about the injury.
RELATED: Lady Gaga spotted out after surgery
In the accompanying caption, he wrote, "Doesn't look like this little dude's gonna make it, Nice know'n you little buddy."
The photos are graphic, but can be seen by clicking here.
James has since revealed he suffered the injury while using a mechanical saw at his Austin garage, and he barely noticed. Calling into "TMZ Live" while waiting at his local hospital, he explains, "I was working in the shop today and my glove got caught into one of the machines and just smashed it, took my finger off. I didn't even know my finger had got cut off until I got five steps away and I was like, 'Oh man, I think my finger got cut off.'"
He continued, "My wife (drag racer Alexis DeJoria) and I were on the floor looking around for the piece of finger so we could put it on ice and haul a-- to the hospital."
RELATED: Angelina Jolie's next surgery
Despite their best efforts, the detached part of the finger was not salvageable and James is now set to undergo surgery to seal the wound. He adds, "They (doctors) said it's gone. They're gonna take a skin graft off the chunk of finger and just sew it back on (the injured stump)."
But James insists he's feeling fine, and has even turned down medication to numb the pain before his operation: "They're totally trying to give me morphine but I'm like, 'No, I'm fine, I'm cool, I'm all right. I'll just take the pain'. I'm fine. ... It's not that bad, dude."
RELATED: Tori Spelling's emergency surgery
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite