Jesse James accidentally chops off finger
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Instagram/.2 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Deano / Splash News/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Axelle Woussen/Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: SRV/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup EngodoMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:44:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Finale Ratings: Ewing Cliffhanger Closes to Below-Average Total ViewersMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Daytime Talk Ratings: 'Dr. Phil' Tops Premiere Week; 'The Meredith VieiraMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:14:00 PM
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISISMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg's Directorial Debut Acquired by OrioMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:00:00 PM
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup Engodo
"Monster Garage" star Jesse James has chopped off the tip of his little finger after an accident in his car workshop. The reality TV mechanic posted a photo of his mangled digit on Instagram on Tuesday, but he didn't appear to be too concerned about the injury.
RELATED: Lady Gaga spotted out after surgery
In the accompanying caption, he wrote, "Doesn't look like this little dude's gonna make it, Nice know'n you little buddy."
The photos are graphic, but can be seen by clicking here.
James has since revealed he suffered the injury while using a mechanical saw at his Austin garage, and he barely noticed. Calling into "TMZ Live" while waiting at his local hospital, he explains, "I was working in the shop today and my glove got caught into one of the machines and just smashed it, took my finger off. I didn't even know my finger had got cut off until I got five steps away and I was like, 'Oh man, I think my finger got cut off.'"
He continued, "My wife (drag racer Alexis DeJoria) and I were on the floor looking around for the piece of finger so we could put it on ice and haul a-- to the hospital."
RELATED: Angelina Jolie's next surgery
Despite their best efforts, the detached part of the finger was not salvageable and James is now set to undergo surgery to seal the wound. He adds, "They (doctors) said it's gone. They're gonna take a skin graft off the chunk of finger and just sew it back on (the injured stump)."
But James insists he's feeling fine, and has even turned down medication to numb the pain before his operation: "They're totally trying to give me morphine but I'm like, 'No, I'm fine, I'm cool, I'm all right. I'll just take the pain'. I'm fine. ... It's not that bad, dude."
RELATED: Tori Spelling's emergency surgery
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTElegant Elle
From Crowd Ignite