Jesse James accidentally chops off finger
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Instagram/.2 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Deano / Splash News/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Axelle Woussen/Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: SRV/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
"Monster Garage" star Jesse James has chopped off the tip of his little finger after an accident in his car workshop. The reality TV mechanic posted a photo of his mangled digit on Instagram on Tuesday, but he didn't appear to be too concerned about the injury.
RELATED: Lady Gaga spotted out after surgery
In the accompanying caption, he wrote, "Doesn't look like this little dude's gonna make it, Nice know'n you little buddy."
The photos are graphic, but can be seen by clicking here.
James has since revealed he suffered the injury while using a mechanical saw at his Austin garage, and he barely noticed. Calling into "TMZ Live" while waiting at his local hospital, he explains, "I was working in the shop today and my glove got caught into one of the machines and just smashed it, took my finger off. I didn't even know my finger had got cut off until I got five steps away and I was like, 'Oh man, I think my finger got cut off.'"
He continued, "My wife (drag racer Alexis DeJoria) and I were on the floor looking around for the piece of finger so we could put it on ice and haul a-- to the hospital."
RELATED: Angelina Jolie's next surgery
Despite their best efforts, the detached part of the finger was not salvageable and James is now set to undergo surgery to seal the wound. He adds, "They (doctors) said it's gone. They're gonna take a skin graft off the chunk of finger and just sew it back on (the injured stump)."
But James insists he's feeling fine, and has even turned down medication to numb the pain before his operation: "They're totally trying to give me morphine but I'm like, 'No, I'm fine, I'm cool, I'm all right. I'll just take the pain'. I'm fine. ... It's not that bad, dude."
RELATED: Tori Spelling's emergency surgery
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite