Jesse James accidentally chops off finger
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Instagram/.2 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: AR4/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Deano / Splash News/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Axelle Woussen/Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: SRV/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
"Monster Garage" star Jesse James has chopped off the tip of his little finger after an accident in his car workshop. The reality TV mechanic posted a photo of his mangled digit on Instagram on Tuesday, but he didn't appear to be too concerned about the injury.
RELATED: Lady Gaga spotted out after surgery
In the accompanying caption, he wrote, "Doesn't look like this little dude's gonna make it, Nice know'n you little buddy."
The photos are graphic, but can be seen by clicking here.
James has since revealed he suffered the injury while using a mechanical saw at his Austin garage, and he barely noticed. Calling into "TMZ Live" while waiting at his local hospital, he explains, "I was working in the shop today and my glove got caught into one of the machines and just smashed it, took my finger off. I didn't even know my finger had got cut off until I got five steps away and I was like, 'Oh man, I think my finger got cut off.'"
He continued, "My wife (drag racer Alexis DeJoria) and I were on the floor looking around for the piece of finger so we could put it on ice and haul a-- to the hospital."
RELATED: Angelina Jolie's next surgery
Despite their best efforts, the detached part of the finger was not salvageable and James is now set to undergo surgery to seal the wound. He adds, "They (doctors) said it's gone. They're gonna take a skin graft off the chunk of finger and just sew it back on (the injured stump)."
But James insists he's feeling fine, and has even turned down medication to numb the pain before his operation: "They're totally trying to give me morphine but I'm like, 'No, I'm fine, I'm cool, I'm all right. I'll just take the pain'. I'm fine. ... It's not that bad, dude."
RELATED: Tori Spelling's emergency surgery
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Ready to Wed
From Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis to Kanye and Kim Kardashian, see all the celebs who got engaged this year.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTwitPics of 2013
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite