'Modern Family' star Jesse Tyler Ferguson to marry in July
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Brian To/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: @JesseTylerFerguson/Twitter14 of 16
- Photo: Joe Kohen/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fallMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:06:17 AM
- Hogan's Heroes Star Cynthia Lynn Dies at 76MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Review: 'Need for Speed' a thrilling stunt festMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:27:14 AM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fall
"Modern Family" star Jesse Tyler Ferguson is rushing to put the finishing touches to his wedding plans as he prepares to marry his fiance Justin Mikita in July.
The openly gay actor proposed to the lawyer last year, and Ferguson says their trip down the aisle is now just weeks away. During an appearance on "The View" on Friday, he said, "We're getting married next month. Very exciting. ... We have 250 people coming!"
RELATED: 2012 Hottest Emmy Couples
The nuptials will take place in New York, where gay marriage was legalized in 2011, and Ferguson reveals they briefly considered changing the location after Proposition 8, California's ban on same-sex marriage, was ruled unconstitutional on Wednesday.
RELATED: Anderson Cooper: 'I'm Gay'
He explained, "We planned on getting married in New York 'cause that's where it was legal; it wasn't legal in California up until yesterday. Weddings are expensive y'all, and we wanted to give that money to a state that accepted us as an equal. ... We're too far down the planning path to change."
In lieu of wedding gifts, the pair is asking for donations to its marriage equality charity Tie The Knot to help other same-sex couples win the same rights in other states.
Get out the vote
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite