Jessica Alba: Why HypnoBirthing Is Right for Me
- Photo: Michael Rozman/Warner Bros/NC1/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: RACHPOOT/Bauer-Griffin3 of 8
- Photo: WENN4 of 8
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: Promotional7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
You are feeling pregnant, very pregnant ...
When Jessica Alba told Us Weekly on Monday that she recommends "HypnoBirth classes" for expectant moms, everyone, including Ellen DeGeneres, started buzzing about what exactly the pregnant 30-year-old actress meant.
So when the "Ellen" show host, 53, asked the petite star to explain the unique advice during her guest appearance on Friday, Alba delivered the details.
"It's not like the clock in front of your face and you go out and you wake up and you got a baby," Alba joked. "Basically my husband takes me through sort of a meditation. He'll say, 'you're relaxed, and you're floating on clouds while you're going through labor and your contractions. I'm just concentrating on breathing and staying relaxed because it's when you get tense that makes the whole labor worse and more painful. That's all it is. It's not like a weird thing."
The actress wasn't quite so "chill" before the birth of daughter Honor Marie, 2: "I was freaked out going into it my first time going into labor," she told Us. "Like what if I panic? What if I just freak out and I don't know what to do?"
Luckily for her, husband Cash Warren, 32, will be at her side. "You know, normally I want to strangle him but at that moment [concentrating on his voice] is sort of calming and wonderful."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite