Jessica Simpson 'Doing Great and Really Happy' With Maxwell Drew, Says Source
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks1 of 3
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Maker Studios Hit With $19 Million Lawsuit by Former ShowrunnerMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Disney Files Patents for Use of Theme Park DronesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:07:00 PM
- 'Wonder Woman' Lynda Carter on Guest Judging 'Skin Wars': RuPaulMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:49:00 AM
- 'Party Down' on Hulu: Site Acquires Streaming Rights to Starz SeriesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:33:00 AM
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman UniversityMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Maker Studios Hit With $19 Million Lawsuit by Former Showrunner
A brand-new mother's love!
"Jessica is doing great and really happy," the source says of the "Fashion Star" mentor, 31, who gave birth to 9 lbs., 13 oz. Maxwell Tuesday morning in Los Angeles. "She's feeling well and relieved the baby is healthy."
Adds the source, "The baby is beautiful!"
And although many fans are eager for a glimpse of the singer and child post-birth, right now is family time for Simpson, fiance Eric Johnson and their kin.
"The family will be dedicating the rest of this week and most of next week to helping Jess recuperate and take care of the baby," the source explains. "Eric is super happy as well."
Also over the moon? Proud Grandpa Joe Simpson, who now has two grandchildren in Maxwell and Bronx, daughter Ashlee's 3-year-old son.
"Jess dreamed since she was a young girl about being a mom," Joe tweeted Wednesday. "Dreams come true! So happy!"
Noted another insider, "Everyone is marveling at what a natural Jessica is," the source tells Us. "She was born to be a mom!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite