Jessica Simpson expands empire to include maternity line; launches tween line with sister Ashlee
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks1 of 18
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks2 of 18
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks4 of 18
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks6 of 18
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin7 of 18
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin8 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com9 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks11 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks13 of 18
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News14 of 18
- Photo: Wagner Az/PacificCoastNews.com15 of 18
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com16 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP17 of 18
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
By Chris Gardner
Jessica Simpson is growing her fashion empire right along with her expanding baby bump.
On Thursday night in New York, Simpson stopped into massive sweets store Dylan's Candy Bar to promote the launch of Jessica Simpson Girls, a joint tween fashion line with sister Ashlee, produced by the Jones Group Inc. At the event, she told fashion trade publication Women's Wear Daily how being pregnant has been good for her fashion business. In addition to the girls line, which hit stores in time for the holidays, Simpson has just signed a contract for a new maternity line and closed a deal to design girls footwear.
Simpson, who is expecting a baby with fiancé and former NFL player Eric Johnson, also revealed that she is due to find out the sex of her baby on Monday. And not only will tabloid editors be on high alert to hear the news, but consumers should too. If she's carrying a boy, Simpson says, she'll likely add a boys clothing line to her Jessica Simpson line. And if it's a girl? Well, she's now got that covered for the most part -- but then again, there's always room for more when it comes to clothing adorned with her famous moniker.
The maternity and tween lines add to Simpson's massive merchandising résumé. Her Jessica Simpson Collection already includes shoes, boots, handbags, apparel, coats, dresses, jewelry, shoes, fragrances, accessories and luggage. She told WWD that she was also in New York to prep her spring 2013 women's collection.
But more about that baby.
Simpson told People at the event that she has a hunch she's carrying a girl, but her fiancé said he's convinced it's a boy. "We're pretty much at a standstill there," he told the mag at the party.
Either way, one thing is certain: That kid is going to be well-dressed. And rich.
RELATED: Jessica Simpson's Toilet TMI
Earlier this year, it was reported that Simpson's fashion business pulled in $750 million in 2010, with projects for 2011 expected to cross the $1 billion mark.
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBFF For Life
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite