Jessica Simpson hit with lawsuit over baby photo
- Photo: NPG/Pacific Coast News1 of 13
- Photo: OK! Magazine/.2 of 13
- Photo: KAZA/GSI3 of 13
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter4 of 13
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter5 of 13
- Photo: BJJ/Stoianov/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall7 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: GSI10 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet12 of 13
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Jessica Simpson has been hit with a lawsuit from a Louisiana couple who allege the pop star used its child to sell magazines and gain publicity following a 2011 meet and greet.
Christopher Hurst and Tracy Gregory claim that Simpson posed for a picture with their son during a Metairie, La., shopping event in October 2011 and later allowed journalists at OK! magazine to pass off the image as the first photo of her own baby in an April 2012 cover story, which featured a snap of the two alongside the caption "My First Days as a New Mom."
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
The parents allege they never signed a release form allowing a photo of their son to be used and are now taking legal action against Simpson, who was still pregnant with daughter Maxwell at the time, editors at the publication, and photographers at Getty Images for invasion of privacy and emotional distress. They are seeking a maximum of $75,000 in damages.
The documents were filed at the 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna, La., in April and Hurst's attorney, Michael North, says, "The photographer did not identify himself or ask Hurst's permission to take or disseminate any photographs of... [the child]... OK! magazine paid him nothing, despite clear intention to mislead some or all of the consuming public into believing the photograph on the cover of the subject issue was actually Simpson's first child."
Get out the vote
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite